Friday, August 31, 2012

Pumpkin Seed Oil and Ice Cream? Say "Yes"!

Pumpkin-seed-oilI can't say that I've ever cooked with pumpkin seed oil. Have you? But I can say I never expected to put it on ice cream. Thick rich balsamic vinegar, yes. I've eaten it with strawberry ice cream, and it was a revelation. And olive oil ice cream recipes abound. But pumpkin seed oil?

Apparently I missed out on the specialty oil boom, because pumpkin seed oil, with its dark color and deep caramel-like flavor is not a novelty. Though new to me, it's being poured over or mixed through vanilla ice cream in kitchens and dining rooms all over Germany, Austria and swaths of Eastern Europe. Have you given it a try?

Topped with pumpkin seeds, plain or sweetened--caramelized, candied or brittled--and you've got an elegant and sophisticated dessert.

--Tracy Schneider


baked pumpkin and sour cream puddings smitten kitchen A home cooking weblog from a tiny kitchen in New York City. The place to find all of your new favorite things to cook. Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread I first learned about olive oil cake last summer. Never had it before, but it seemed to be all over the blogs and also the cooking magazines that I subscribed to. Homemade Pumpkin & Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Our Best Bites You know what Ive been doing this week? Welcoming in A u t u m n. Its now September 24th, which means its officially acceptable to flood my house with ... Gluten Free Sugar Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Crunchy Crust ... THIS PIE IS AMAZING. I like this more than regular pumpkin pie. My whole family and some of my friends tried it, and they all said it was totally bangin'. Tech Drops - a technology blog ... This amazing gaming gadget is planned to be released in April 2012. With the changing trends of gadget world, Nintendo go for exciting touch ... Pepitas! The Pioneer Woman Cooks Ree Drummond We've gutted the pumpkin, roasted and pureed it, and we've even made some delicious, creamy Pumpkin Crme Brle Love and Olive Oil I finally cracked open a can of pumpkin. I figure if it's cold enough to have the heat running, I can stop holding on to the last rays of summer light Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese ... Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes and 4-layer cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting, White Chocolate Pumpkins and Caramel Corkscrews Amazon.com: 100% Certified Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil 16 fl oz (473 ... Certified Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil. Perfect for soups, yogurt and even ice cream. Not recommended for high heat cooking. Cold pressed Pumpkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A pumpkin is a gourd -like squash of the genus Cucurbita and the family Cucurbitaceae (which also includes gourds). It commonly refers to cultivars of any one of the ...

No comments:

Post a Comment