Monday, August 20, 2012

Impromptu Pancake Party A Grand Slam

Imgres-2My grownup daughter sent me a text this morning, asking if I wanted to meet her and some of her friends for brunch. Translation: Mom would be picking up the check.

I texted back: Why don't you come over for pancakes? Her Dad flipped when she said yes, there will be six of us. Really? my husband said. Yeah, why not?

While he ran to the supermarket to pick up a few things -- OJ, some fruit, maple syrup -- I quickly mixed up three batches of my favorite buttermilk pancake recipe, which I've got bookmarked on AllRecipes.com. It goes together lickety-split in a blender.

The bacon was baked on a broiler pan -- at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning once at 10 minutes -- and it comes out nice and crispy. Now, I decided to make the flapjacks ahead of time. Not ideal, but I only have a couple of pans suitable for making them. I tossed my old griddle a while back and this meal reminded me how much I missed it. Yes, I need a new griddle!

Not long after I had finished, the hungry crew showed up and devoured all but one of those plate-size pancakes. Of course, I love going out to breakfast, but it sure was fun to play host to my kiddo and her very nice friends, to listen to them chatter about what's going on in their lives and accept their gracious compliments. A pretty good way to start a Sunday morning!

-- Leslie Kelly


Recipes - How To Information eHow.com Recipes: Wondering whats for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Need a side dish or appetizer to serve with your favorite recipe? Find healthy recipes, cooking tips and ... Naylor Creek.com This is a nursery specializing in hostas and shade plants located in the Pacific Northwest. They sell locally as well as mail order. Denny's Restaurants - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 24/7 DennysDiner: Happy birthday, Jennifer Lawrence! Come claim your free Grand Slam. HungerGames http://t.co/CAvpmDkf Rodale Store - ABS DIET Get full access to all of the lifestyle-changing information from the best-selling books, plus online only content, decision tools, shopping lists, and more, including: Jim's Hostas 2012 Online Catalog Jim's Hostas mail order hosta and seed catalog with over 1200 varieties of quality collector hosta and many varieties of hosta seeds. Cellfire Grocery Coupons Get Free Grocery Coupons! Copyright 2012 Cellfire Inc. Terms of Service Privacy Policy VGMusic.com - Super Nintendo Music - A-F This is a complete listing of all the files in the Super Nintendo directory, as of November 16, 2011 at 9:46 PM EST. There are 6656 midi files in the Super Nintendo ... Kids Days & Parades: Your Guide to West Michigan Fairs and ... Here is an addition to your guide: BookFest Grand Rapids Public Library 111 Library St NE, outside the Main Library Saturday, June 2, 10:00 am 5:00 pm Blog ni ako It has been raining hard non stop and the monsoon rain have caused extensive flooding in various parts of Metro Manila. We are lucky it doesn't flood where we live no ... Food & Drink - How To Information eHow.com Food & Drink: Don't let that next party be a flop. Be the envy of your friends thanks to eHow's entertaining secrets sure to make that next affair a success. Food is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment