Saturday, August 18, 2012

Making Jam In A Bread Machine?

51SD7WY1AVLHad lunch with a friend yesterday and, as usual, we gabbed about food. Not just what was sitting in front of us on our plates, but what we had eaten in the last week and what we were cooking and reading about the subject. Not that we're obsessed or anything!

My jaw kind of dropped when she bragged about her lastest batch of jam, rhubarb with dried apricot. Which sounds like heaven, but that's not what floored me. She said she made it in her bread machine. Really? I guess that's not exactly news, as people have been making jam in bread machines for years. Some bread machines even have jam-making settings.

It sounds easy and efficient, especially if you're into multi-tasking, even if it does take a couple of hours to complete the process. It would certainly keep the kitchen cooler on a warm summer day.

But I'm not convinced. I like the old-fashioned way of making jam, the way you can come home with a half a flat of raspberries and a little bit later, have jars tucked away in the cupboard for enjoying in the winter months. I love the high drama of waiting for the jam to set, listening for that tell-tale thick bubbly sound and smelling the wonderful fragrance of fruit and sugar throughout the house.

What about you? How do you jam?

-- Leslie Kelly


Making Jam in a Zojirushi Bread Maker + Giveaway - Food in Jars ... Most of the time, I make jam on my turquoise, 45 year old, electric stove. Ive also made jam on a camp stove, on an induction burner, on an plain gas stove and ... How to Make Jam in a Bread Machine With the Jam Setting eHow.com Nothing compares to the taste of fresh, homemade jam. After one taste of homemade jam, you'll never look at the store-bought stuff the same. While homemade is much ... Bread Machine Recipes Maintenance Mode From the Bread Machine Diva ... Maintenance Mode. Bread Machine Recipes is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. How to Make Jam in a Bread Machine eHow.com There are some bread machines that have a jam setting. If you have one of these, you are one step closer to having the easiest homemade jam possible. With much less ... Yahoo! Answers - Making jam in a bread machine.? Best Answer: I had to search to find these. If you like to make regualr bread I have a lot of recipes in my cooking group. Free to join and no obligations ... Making jam in a bread machine - CookEatShare View top rated Making jam in a bread machine recipes with ratings and reviews. Ham Spread In A Bread Bowl, Baked Brie In A Bread Bowl, Bulgur Bread In A Bread Maker, etc. How to make jam bread machine - CookEatShare View top rated How to make jam bread machine recipes with ratings and reviews. How to Make Butter, How to Make Homemade Jalapeno Poppers, How to make truffle butter, etc. Making jam in a bread machine - FoodBanter.com The thought of making jam in my breadmaker seemed just too stupid to be true:- until I tried it. First I made a batch of apricot jam, and it is Bread Machine Jam: Revisited Imagine You may recall that my last attempt at making jam in the bread maker didnt set up. (That was some delicious syrup, though!) Now its May, and my fridge was ... Strawberry Jam Bread Machine) Recipe - Food.com - 248627 This came in my bread machine's user book. It looks so easy, I'm trying it now and thought I'd post it to share :) You can also substitute blackberries or raspberries ...

No comments:

Post a Comment