Friday, October 12, 2012

Sweet Consolation from a Pumpkin Bundt!

Pumpkin Bundt
So, when I finally sat down yesterday, I decided to check the weather. Seattle has been enjoying an unprecedented streak of sun. Well, much to my dismay, I soon learned that the rain was coming our way. This grim news didn't have me sitting for very long...I soon decided to bake a warm and cozy cake. I wanted to bake a Bundt.

For a fleeting moment, I considered chocolate, basic, gingerbreador apple versions, but I soon landed on a Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt cake from the Libby's website. I had the required classic Bundt pan handy and all of the ingredients were on deck. I tweaked the recipe by skipping the allspice, drizzling in some vanilla,and adding some pecans to the streusel topping. I could have used my KitchenAid stand mixer, but I simply decided to crank out the batter using my Cuisinart Elite food processor.

The cake is ridiculously good. It does call for two sticks of butter, four eggs, and a cup of sour cream, so, honestly, how could the cake be bad? We've mowed through half ofit already and I've promised to make another one next week.

So, now that fall weather is officially here, I'm wondering what your favorite pumpkin recipes happen to be...

Photo by Melissa A. Trainer

--Melissa A. Trainer


Sour Cream Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake Patent & the Pantry I bought a bundt pan about a year ago and its been wasting away in my cupboard since then, unwashed, unused, unloved. The whole reason for buying it was because i ... Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Citrus Glaze Recipe : Sandra Lee ... 1 hr 5 min; 6 eggs; 2/3 cup oil; 1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix; 2/3 cup water; 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice; 1 box moist spice cake mix; 1 box moist yellow cake mix Cooking With Melody Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze I made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving one year and used canned pumpkin. That was the first and last time! I don't recom... Sweet Potato Bundt Cake with Spiced Buttered Rum Glaze Recipe ... 1 hr 35 min; 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour; 1 tablespoon baking powder; 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato meat (about 2 ... Pumpkin - My Baking Addiction Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Mini Pumpkin Pies Pumpkin Granola Bars Pumpkin Ale Cupcakes Simple Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles Pumpkin Roll Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes with Ginger ... Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Read reviews (5) Rate recipe "Our family grows lots of pumpkins, but I have to put dibs on ... Home Baked Comfort (Williams-Sonoma): Featuring Mouthwatering ... Kim Laidlaw is a cookbook editor, food writer, and baker who has been in the kitchen covered in flour since she was big enough to stir the biscuit dough. She has ... Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Read reviews (4) Rate recipe. Lucille Noyd of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts says, "The secret ... Sweet Neecy - Recipes What Our Customers Say . Sweet Neecy's cake mixes are the best ever! I have tried all 3 kinds and each produces a fantastic cake. JL, Cary, NC . Sweet Neecy Cakes! Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bundt Cake Gluten-Free Goddess Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe is moist and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment