Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Good Pastry Brush and Some Old-Fashioned Paper Mache

Pastry brush
Now that school is back in session, we are tackling all sorts of high level educational projects in my house. This week we had to create a replica of Mount Saint Helens before and after the volcanic explosion! Thankfully, I had some advance warning on this engineeringproject, otherwise it would have been me exploding!

In any event, we mulled our options and decided to rediscover paper mache. We built our structure using boxes, plastic containers, and masking tape. I looked up the paper mache recipe. My son gleefullyripped the newspaperinto thin strips. Then, I stopped in my tracks. I soon realized what a mess I could have on my hands. I did not wantthat flour and water pasteon the table, chairs, walls, fingers, and sweatshirts! So I decided to see if my trusty little Le Creuset pastry brush would tackle the job and keep the mess to a minimum.

Much to my delight the pastry brush worked as well for paper mache as it does for pastry! Whew! A kitchen disaster diverted just in time! Have you used any kitchen gear to tackle those school projects?

--Melissa A. Trainer


Arts & Crafts - How To Information eHow.com How to Make a Figure-8 Bow; Cowboy Arts and Crafts Activities for Kids; How to Add Acrylic Paints to Scrapbooks; How to Make Paper Dolls Nidokidos Group Official Website All rights Reserved to NidoKidoS - Nidokidos Group - Nidokido - NidoKidoS - NidokidoS Mails - Related Websites Evite Blog Tips, Tricks & Advice for Social Events Hey, party people. The Evite Blog will be taking a hiatus while we're working on some exciting new things. While we're away, check out some of our favorite blog posts ... Rome's 1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron,Cast Iron: Amazon.com ... With a nod of nostalgia, Rome's cast iron waffle iron is based on the traditional style that grandma used to use. Designed for gas burner stoves and camping stoves. 6 ... Food Faffer Um OK. Im trying not to be too frustrated with myself right now. Believe it or not, I had drafted this post back in February I just hadnt got around to ... Easy Apple Recipes Best Apple Recipes Recipes For Apple 1 Easy Apple Cobbler Dessert Recipe. Have you ever had a delicious snack of ice cream and some warm enough cobbler made out of apples? Apples have always been a very ... Martha Stewart Living Enjoy all of Martha Stewart's delicious Food Recipes together with her Entertaining tips. Also get Martha's creative Arts and Crafts Ideas and useful Gardening ... Coast Kids Connnection Need ideas on where to throw your next birthday bash? Or maybe you just need some game ideas Table Notes Curried Cauliflower Soup. Here's one straight out of Patricia Wells's At Home In Provence. It's simple and it's quick. You can prepare this up to a day in advance and ... Old Fashioned All-Butter Pie Crust The History Kitchen How to make an old fashioned all butter pie crust from scratch. Instructions for chilling dough, rolling out crust, fluting, and scalloping.

No comments:

Post a Comment